This week has been crazy, but in the best of ways. I have been extremely busy, and it's been great. The older I get the more and more I realize that staying busy is a good way to go about life. It keeps me from being idle and keeps me from sitting around obsessing about things that I usually can't do anything about anyway.
I was up last night until 2am packing away things in boxes. I was on a roll and determined not to stop. I boxed, taped, moved, organized, shreaded, grouped, and gave away stuff all night long. I think the best thing about moving is getting rid of stuff you don't need anymore. I have managed to create 5 trash bags full of stuff for Goodwill and a few big pieces that couldn't fit in trash bags. It feel so great to declutter my life, my home and help out others at the same time.
Tonight I take my cats over to my parents' place, where they'll stay for a few days while the move occurs, and I'm also going to be doing laundry, painting my dresser and packing some more. This may possibly be the most organized move I've ever had. (Also the most expensive!) Luckily though, some of my friends finally came through and I won't have to pay for professional movers afterall. So that's a relief.
So many things are on my mind right now other than my move though. Thanks to "L.C.", I've been making lists of things I want to accomplish. I know that Elise made a list on her 23rd birthday of things she wanted to accomplished before her 24th birthday and she's already begun crossing them off. However, my list is more random. Some I know I could accomplish in the next month, some in the next year, and some will be on my list for a long, long time.
I'll share with you what I have so far:
- Organize photos and create albums.
- Take the furniture making class at WCAD.
- Take the sewing class at WCAD or NSA.
- Build a cabinet to hide the cat's litter box.
- Buy or make some really cool patio furniture.
- Buy more art on Etsy.
- Make homemade biscotti.
- Cook at home more.
- Buy a hand-held vacuum especially designed to pick up pet hair.
- Start building up my wardrobe.
- Stop wearing my hair up so much.
- Create a morning routine.
- Attempt Pilates.
- Go out with friends more.
- Send birthday cards to family members!!!
- Recycle more!!!
- Start cutting coupons regularly.
- Abolish dry skin. (Stole that one from Elise.)
- Sleep less!!!
- Exercise more!!!
- Visit Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Move to Australia??
- Visit family members more often.
- Be more dependable.
- Pay off debt. :)
- Get new car.
- Adopt a French Bulldog.
- Save hundreds of animals from kill shelters.
- Love and be loved.
It's a good day!