Friday, March 7, 2008

Doing Good

I wanted to share with you all a blog I regularly visit called 'A Place to Bark...and meow'. I found this blog many moons ago and have been a visitor ever since. Bernie Berlin lives right here in Tennessee and has basically turned her home into a dog and cat rescue. Her blog profile says something that I just love, "I am drawn to the unwanted, unloved and misunderstood". I often feel that Bernie is a woman after my own heart.


Bernie mostly saves her dogs from the local pound, so they don't die unnecessarily. She also takes in strays and unwanted pets. If she can't find a home for them here locally, she transports them herself to big city, no kill, animal shelters so they have a good chance of finding a loving, forever home. It's unbelievable all the work she does. You should check out some of her videos on her blog. I don't know how she does it.


Anyhow, I was looking at her site today and was reminded that Bernie is always in need of things to run her rescue successfully. Of course, monatary donations are always appreciated, but when I saw her list of items in need, I figured I would share this with my blog readers. Maybe you have some of these items just laying around the house and don't plan on using them anymore. Maybe you know someone that does. Either way, getting the word out is necessary.


ITEMS WE ARE IN NEED OF:Towels, blankets, toys, collars, leashes, crates, food, treats, very small baby bottles, milk replacement, bleach, 1 microscope, 1 baby scale, 1 stethoscope, muzzles and pet beds.

SHIP ITEMS TO:Bernie Berlin"A Place To Bark"PO BOX 649 Portland, TN 37148 615-681-2631

Every little bit helps, it is ALL appreciated!!
All donations are tax deductible.




No comments: