Saturday, March 1, 2008

Eckhart Tolle

What a beautiful name, Eckhart Tolle. It's one of those names you must say in it's entirety. Just saying his first name alone, or the last, just isn't as beautiful or special. To grasp the joy and beauty of it, you have to say it all. Eckhart Tolle.

As for his teachings and his books, I don't have a personal opinion because I have not experienced them...yet. I have heard many good things though. First from Tam at Willowing. (A video I posted earlier.)

His follow up to 'The Power of Now' is 'A New Earth' and was just recently declared Oprah's new Book Club book. Watch the video below to hear more about the book and why Oprah chose it.



I personally am looking forward to purchasing 'The Power of Now' and 'A New Earth' soon and can't wait to share with you my thoughts.

If you've already read these, please share your thoughts with me.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so greatful to Eckhart Tolle and Oprah for turning me onto Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and her beautiful book ""My Stroke of Insight"". Her story is amazing and her gift to all of us is a book purchase away I'm happy to say.

Dr Taylor was a Harvard brain scientist when she had a stroke at age 37. What was amazing was that her left brain was shut down by the stroke - where language and thinking occur - but her right brain was fully functioning. She experienced bliss and nirvana and the way she writes about it (or talks about it in her now famous TED talk) is incredible.

What I took away from Dr. Taylor's book above all, and why I recommend it so highly, is that you don't have to have a stroke or take drugs to find the deep inner peace that she talks about. Her book explains how. ""I want what she's having"", and thanks to this wonderful book, I can! Thank you Dr. Taylor, and thank you Eckhart and Oprah.