Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shabby Chic?

For some reason I have always had a soft spot for shabby chic decor. It's weird too because it's not really me, I'm not the most girly girl out there, and yet I am drawn to the softly painted and distressed look. I am, however, never going to be drawn to girly floral bedspreads, so don't hold your breath on that one.


Here are a few Criagslist finds that I found today that I keep drooling over. I refuse to purchase this style though because it goes against everything I have going on in my apartment right now. If I bought 1 or 2 shabby chic pieces and incorporated them into my home, I'd have to do a complete overhaul on everything else just to make those pieces work.


P.S. I found a new apartment Monday and signed the papers and I move in mid July. So that problem is now taken care of. My new apartment is a little smaller but has a nice open floor plan and should be lovely with it's nice vaulted ceilings and 12 foot walk-in closet. :) I wish I could buy all new furniture and start with a new style....but I think that's wishful dreaming!


Shabby Chic nightstand $35


























Shabby Chic desk $75





























Shabby Chic sofa table or buffet. $85





















Shabby Chic coffee table $75



No comments: