Friday, May 16, 2008

When it rains...it pours.

I really wish I wasn't writing this post right now. I would much rather be writing about all the amazing things that have been happening to me lately, and how lucky I feel and etc. Instead, it's been quite the opposite.

  1. Told of the pending layoff at the end of the year at a job I love.
  2. Florida vacation, that I had been planning for 2 months, was canceled.
  3. Said good-bye to someone I love.
  4. Got a bad report from some medical test I took 2 weeks ago.
  5. And today...was notified I have 60 days until I have to be out of my apartment.
I moved into my own apartment almost 2 years ago. I have never looked back either. I have loved every minute of it. Sure I get lonely at times, but that's to be expected. Well, these apartments were kind of old and they began a huge renovation. This place has done a complete 360. They just finally finished the beautiful pool outside my balcony and I love seeing it every day when I come home. It's gorgeous.

And then today, I get a letter in the mail. They are ready to complete the renovations by remodeling the inside of all the old apartments. In other words, they need me out so they can transform my place and they have given me 60 days to get out.

I am beyond upset. Not only is my job future unclear, but now I have no idea where I'm going to live. Moving to a 1 bedroom here that has already been remodeled is $200 more than what I pay in my current 1 bedroom. Obviously, more than I want to pay. So I have some options:
  1. Move back in the with parents to get out of debt and save some money and THEN get back out on my own again.
  2. Move out of my neighborhood to find something more affordable.
  3. Stay in my neighborhood, but pay more than I'd like, no matter what apartment I move to.
Sadly, none of these options are appealing to me. Moving back in with my parents is like a nightmare. I would hate every minute of it....except the saving money part. Moving away is just something I really don't want to do. Sure I dream of living in East Nashville or Hermitage, but I just don't think I want it bad enough. And staying in this area only means that my price will still be higher than what I pay now. This is so disheartening. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Sure, many people have bigger issues. Just yesterday I saw a story about how people in Santa Barbara, CA are homeless and living out of their cars because they lost their homes because of the economy slump. And people in China are losing their loved ones and dying and etc. So really, I shouldn't be complaining, but this is life right? We all have problems, no matter how big or how small.

Man, life sucks right now.

No comments: