Friday, April 3, 2009

Feline Update

I took Molly to the vet Wednesday morning. They looked her over and said she seemed healthy. They needed a urine sample to check for infection and of course her bladder was empty. So, I had to leave her at the vet all day while I went to work, hoping she wouldn't be too stressed or scared to do her business while there.
Around 2pm I get a call from the vet. They found crystals in her urine and think she has bladder stones? So they wanted to do an x-ray. (I began seeing dollar signs!)
An hour later they call me back with the results. Nope...she doesn't have them. Must be just an infection they said. So they gave me antibiotics to give her every night and they hope it'll fix the problem.
Vet bill: A lovely $270
I pretty much had a heart attack!

No comments: